Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I am Thankful Book

I mailed my five year old’s portfolio to her teacher yesterday. I didn’t get to snap some pictures of her I am thankful book that she created for a portfolio assignment before I sent it or I would post them. Basically we were supposed to create a book with pictures and a few sentences of things that she is thankful for. So I used some manilla drawing paper and binded that into a book. I told my five year old on each page she was supposed to draw a picture of something she was thankful for and then I can write a sentence or two that she would dictate to me about what it is and why. She then told me that she wanted to write the sentences herself and she only wanted my help with spelling, if she needed it. So I said alright, I figured if it was really not legible I can always rewrite in brackets beside hers. Anyhow, this is her list of things she is thankful for in the order that she made them in the book.

1. I am thankful for my family because they love me.
2. I am thankful for books because I like to read.
3. I am thankful for tv so I can watch my favorite show, magic school bus.
4. I am thankful for the computer so I can play games.
5. I am thankful for the sun because it is bright and makes me warm.

Her handwriting was very neat and totally legible. Also, she only asked me to spell because, favorite, and computer. She did spell “makes” wrong though, she wrote “maks.” And her pictures were so bright and colorful, I was totally impressed!

Now she says she wants to be an artist when she grows up.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! They have a teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we are actually part of a virtual school so she has a teacher that we send some assignments and test for grading. It's very awesome, organized and completely free because it is government funded. For more info about Connections academy you can visit their website www.connectionsacademy.com or read my previous posts on them here: http://orlandomama.blogspot.com/search/label/Connections%20Academy

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete