Saturday, October 21, 2006

New things

This week three new things have happened:

1. We have new muslim neighbors. The girls and I were taking our bike ride to the park when a few houses down from ours a young husband and wife with 4 kids came running out of their house to greet us. It was very sweet of them. They recognized that I was muslim because of the hijab of course and the best thing is that they have a daughter that is 6 years old so inshallah we’ll get the girls together soon.

2. We bought a new car. It’s a brand new Scion, dark blue and very nice. I drove it around the neighborhood so far, so much quieter than our old Mazda and I cannot believe how much room there is in that car. It’s just MASSIVE inside. Anyhow, it’s a little boxy looking but I like it. Especially that new car smell, mmmmmmmm.

3. And finally, something that came as a real shocker to me as well, my three year old has memorized Surat Al-Ikhlas. For the past few weeks I’ve just been getting her to repeat it after me before going to bed, in separate short syllables and now she says I can do it myself, I don’t want your help. Her pronunciation is atrocious but oh my goodness sooooo adorable. I need to record her before she starts pronouncing it better. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Great things mash'Allah. :-) That's awesome about your three year old.

    ReplyDelete