Friday, October 06, 2006

New Look and more updates...

In the spirit of the month of Ramadan, I decided to change things up a bit and go green. I was getting bored of the old template and I’m starting to feel real cozy with this new one. So tell me how you like the new look, or should I go back to the old simpler template? I’m really liking this one though. :)

We got my 5 year olds portfolio back from her teacher in the mail today. She got perfect on all her assignments and just sat their examining all the comments that her teacher had left for her. Her teacher was very caring and wrote some very encouraging comments. She also sent her a certificate and candy. Needless to say, my five year old is very satisfied. :)

My three year old has been really into her Story Reader these days. While her sister and I do school, she’ll usually sit in the corner of the room listening to one of the stories and today she was even playing with her “My First LeapPad” which she hardly ever does. She was actually understanding everything, following all the instructions to the game, getting it all right and really enjoying herself. It was funny to watch. I’m planning on starting the book “Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons” with her in a few months if she wants to. Her sister already did some lessons with her a few months back (which was hilarious) so my guess is the first few lessons should be pretty easy for her.

After homeschooling my 5 year old in the morning I had some cooking and other work to tend to so I was busy most of the day. However I was also keeping my eye on the girls at the same time and it was funny how well they play together now, Alhamdolillah. Before there used to be a lot of fighting and my two year old's tantrums, but now it's like they are the best of friends. They really use their imagination a lot too. They make castles with chairs and pillows and blankets. They make tents and play hide and seek. They have tea parties and "feasts" as my five year old put it. But the best of all is watching them all curled up on the couch together while my five year old reads to my three year old. They seem so content and so happy to be all huddled together and sharing the story. May Allah (swt) always keep them this happy and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment