Tuesday, October 24, 2006

More eid stuff!


This year we did not have a lot of time to do a whole bunch of Eid decorations so we improvised and stuck them on a wall that already had some Islamic stuff on it. I think it turned out pretty well. For the Eid banner we cut construction paper into four smaller rectangles. Then on each rectangle I printed the letters in pencil. My five year old traced over my pencil with Elmer’s 3D Washable Paint Pens. Then we punched some holes on top of it and put some string through it and voila! This project was really quick and easy and it was enough to make the girls happy. :)


This Eid we also gave them two more muslim dolls to add to their collection. They also have the Little Farah Talking doll which we bought them a few years back. It’s very adorable and says lots of Islamic phrases and their meanings like, “Subhanallah, Glory be to Allah.” But my girls really enjoy playing with the Razanne muslim dolls a lot. They take those and their other Dora the explorer dolls and some other baby dolls and have pretend tea parties and birthday parties and they go to the mall shopping, etc…. I love how both my girls play together, use their imaginations and just go crazy with it.


The Razanne muslim doll is available through the Noorart.com website. They have lots of other excellent Islamic toys that I’ve also got from them. Check it out, they have great stuff!

4 comments:

  1. Eid Mubarak. May Allah accept our good deeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eid Mubarak to you too sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:31 PM

    my mom used to buy me razanne dolls when i was younger, i have the one with the green hijab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:58 PM

    My name is anna Khalaf and my email address is mahjob88@yahoo.com..I have a problem...perhaps you may be able to help. I have searched everywhere for the talking farah doll for my little girl Sarah. Everywhere I have seen happens to be sold out. We live in Texas, but would purchase from anywhere. Maybe you or someone else might have a suggestion?
    Thank you...

    ReplyDelete