Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Going for a bike ride!

A few times a week the girls and I go to the park that is in our neighborhood about half a mile away from our house. They ride their bikes and I walk fast or jog along with them. Anyhow, it takes about 10 minutes to get to the park, then we spend about 30 to 45 minutes at the park, and then head back. I try to go earlier in the day a little after breakfast so it's not so unbearably hot out. They love it because they get to ride their bikes really fast leaving mama behind trying to keep up with them and for some reason they get a huge kick out of that. So I play along on purpose just to make them laugh some more. Well a few days ago I decided to bring my camera along so I made some movies and took a thousand pictures, mostly of them swinging on the swings and pretending to cook with the mulch/sand on the floor.

Here’s a video I shot of them, you can see my three year old speeding up and then turning around slightly to see how far away I am. My five year old is way ahead of us, like always. She races ahead and feels very proud when she beats us to the park. But this time she slowed down and let her little sister get there before us. She said she wanted her sister to have a turn at winning the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment