Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Eid Song

When the month of Ramadan started I found a Ramadan song on a website (sorry I don’t remember which website, if you know please leave it in the comments). Anyhow so I printed the song and took it to Madressa and we taught the students the song on the first day of Ramadan. This is the song, which you sing in the tune of “London bridge is falling down.”

Ramadan is here today, here today, here today
Ramadan is here today, let’s all fast.
Everybody fast and pray, fast and pray, fast and pray
Everybody fast and pray, and be good.


This morning on the way to Eid prayers when we got into the car my five year old started singing this new version of the song:

Ramadan is gone today, gone today, gone today
Ramadan is gone today, let’s all have Eid.
We will get lots of presents, lots of presents, lots of presents
We will get lots of presents, and we’ll love them forever.

I turned around and asked her where she heard that song and she replied, “No where Mama, I made it up!” :)

She sounded so adorable I had to record her singing it.




I hope you all had an awesome Eid. The girls have been so happy and hyper all day playing with their new Eid toys! :)

E I D M U B A R A K ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment