Ever since the month of Ramadan has started, this has got to be the number one search topic that has led people to my site. I’m not sure what kinds of decorations everyone is looking for, but you really don’t need to purchase any because you can make so much on your own and with your kids.
Here is something me and the girls did last year on Eid:
It’s not too hard at all. A big banner that says Eid Mubarak, we used a roll of kraft paper for that. Then a simple paper chain, which my girls LOOOOVE making for some reason. Some moon and star arts and crafts and some coloring pages and we had a nice little Eid wall. Another thing you can do is blow up plain balloons and decorate them with a permanent marker yourself. You can make moon and stars on them, write Eid Mubarak and let your kids go crazy with them.
Here are some more websites that had different arts and crafts ideas for Ramadan, Eid cards, presents and decorations:
1. Eid Decorations by Aniqa Hasan
2. Crafts for Ramadan that can easily be made into Eid crafts
3. More Crafts for Ramadan
And if you REALLY feel the need to purchase decorations instead, then here are some websites you can purchase them from:
1. Eid Decorations at Astrolabe.com
2. Ramadan and Eid party gifts at Islamicbookstore.com
3. Eid Banner at Soundvision.com
4. Eid Decoration Pack at Soundvision.com - This pack has balloons, banner, henna, streamers and itar!