Saturday, September 09, 2006

15th Shabaan Mubarak

What a wonderful day it was, the birth of the twelfth Imam, Imam Mahdi (as). My husband and I decided to do the amaal at home on Friday night; it’s nice to be able to do them together as a family. We can take as long as we want and enjoy reading all the translations as well. My husband also found a great website for sending Ariza.

During tonight’s lecture the maulana said something at the end that really struck me. He said that we should always remember to pray for Imam Mahdi (as), for his protection and safety like we do for ourselves and our family. I already did that, in fact one of my favorite daily duas is the dua for his safety, however I just never thought of it that way. That we should be praying for his safety like we do for ours. Such a simple concept that I’ve been completely missing.

Now I’m going to type out my favorite dua just for him, on his birthday! :)

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Allah humma kun le wali yekal
hujjattibnil Hasan,
Salawatuka alaihe wa'ala abaa eh
Fi hazehis saate wa fi kulle s'aat.
Waaliyan wa hafezan
wa qaedan wa nasera,
wa dalilan wa aina,
hatta tuskinaho arzaka tau an
watomatte ahu fi ha tawila.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
O Allah! Be now and at all times for Your deputy Hazrat Hujjat ibnil Hasan (may your blessings be upon him and his ancestors). Master, protector, guide, helper, proof and guard, until he resides peacefully on Your earth and let him enjoy (Your bounties) for a long time (to come).

To listen to this dua or read it in the arabic language, please visit: Dua for the safety of the Imam and don't forget to recite it everyday! :)

2 comments:

  1. That is great what you are doing as a family, alhumdooleluh. I used the website too and I also like to recite that dua often.

    Mubarak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great what you are doing as a family, alhumdooleluh. I used the website too and I also like to recite that dua often.

    Mubarak!

    ReplyDelete