Sunday, June 04, 2006

Death by thunderstorm!

This is a rather amusing tale. This evening there was a major thunderstorm in Orlando, however I needed to go to the local Target to get some groceries. Anyhow, when I was leaving the girls said their goodbyes to me and then I left. Once I was gone my almost 5 year old stood by the door and looked out the window all upset. My husband asked her what was the matter and almost in tears she says to him, “I’m sad because Mama is going to die.” He was a bit shocked to hear this and asked her why she thought so and she said, “Everyone dies in thunderstorms.” He managed to put her at ease by telling her to recite a prayer to Allah (swt) to let Mama return safely.

Once I returned, before I could even finish parking the car she burst open the front door and there was a huge smile on her face while she yelled with such joy “Assalam alaykum Mama!”

2 comments:

  1. aww how cute :) I too leave the kids with their father while i do grocery shopping, it's been rather nice. But my toddler always cries when i leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is nice to get some moments to yourself, even if it's just running an errand. :)

    ReplyDelete