Monday, February 20, 2006

Sunday school test

I don't know if I've mentionned this before, but my four year old does go to school one day a week. Every Sunday she goes to Islamic school at our local islamic center. Well she had her mid-term test yesterday where she answered all the questions correctly. I was surprised and very happy to hear she got perfect, but the funniest thing was to see her so happy with herself.

She was mainly tested on some of the arabic alphabet, a couple of surahs, the four angels and their jobs and the Prophet(pbuh) and his family.

She's been on a high since yesterday because of her achievement. Needless to say, it's very amusing. :)

5 comments:

  1. Good for her, she will be competitive when she is older I bet, but hopefully not too prideful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm hoping as well. I've been trying to teach her to be grateful to Allah for letting her be able to do so well on the test so she doesn't feel like she's the "best."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was an adult before I understood that being good at something had nothing to do with me and all to do with Allah swt. But I wasn't raised Muslim either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an Islamic weekend program that lets in a 4 year old? Maa shaa Allah. I hate our community to be honest, it is very small and decrepit and disorganized and when my husband and I tried to start some good programs nobody wanted to help. There is a Saturday class that lasts for 2 hours for girls ages 6 and up. It is BADLY organized and boring for my 6 year old. I want to send my 4 yo with her just for some fun and the social contact with Muslims, but a lot of people have difficulty with the idea of an advanced child so they refuse to believe she could participate in the class. *sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's ridiculous. Most 4 year olds go to pre-k schools every day so why not islamic school for 2 hours a week? Well our community here in Orlando is quite small so there are just 4 students in her class, all of them girls, all of them best friends and the youngest is 3. They have a blast and they all love their teacher and she's crazy about them. I'm really happy about her interaction at the islamic school, it has really helped with her confidence, especially since she is farther ahead then the rest of the girls. But it doesn't bore her, She still has lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete