Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Muharram

Muharram is here and I still haven’t been able to attend a majaalis, I’m pretty congested but I do feel a lot better today so I will try for tomorrow.

On the topic of Muharram, Masooma wrote an excellent entry, I really think it’s a very important read for all, please visit her Otowi blog.

I’ve been trying to teach my four year old all about Muharram and Imam Hussain (as). She really picks things up very quick. I told her about Yazeed and how he killed all of Imam Hussain’s (as) family and she just couldn’t understand why he did it. I tried to explain it was for power and then all of a sudden it looked like a light bulb went off in her head and she said, “I guess he was just listening to Iblis a lot.” I was just a bit in shock that she said that because a while back I had told her about Iblis and how he whispers bad things in our ears and about the angels on our shoulders writing our actions all down. I just didn’t expect her to understand it all so quickly and connect the two together. Finally she then said, “Before Allah puts me in paradise, I’m going to ask him to show me Yazeed burning in the fire. He was very mean.”

I was speechless!

4 comments:

  1. masha'allah what a wonderful pupil you have - they say the best pupils outshine their teachers eventually. :) Thanks very much for mentioning my blog. best wishes - hope you feel better soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I do feel much better and I actually went today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very nice blog. I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just the point i was thinking about.

    Teach your kids ALSO -

    Muharram Series 7

    Who were martyred at Karbala?

    When the incident of Karbala is recollected, one name stands out, that of Hussain bin Alee. He was a Ameer of his small group who laid their lives for the sake of Islaam. As the grandson of the Messenger of Allaah, he is blessed and his sacrifice would serve as a reminder for generation of Muslims to come. Messenger of Allaah sallhualahiwassalam said, "Hasan and Hussain will be the leaders of the youth in Paradise."

    We should also know that with this great leader were people who too laid their lives, who were the sons of rightly guided caliph Alee bib Abi Talib. Among the martyrs of Karbala were three sons of Alee, Abu Bakr ibn Alee, Umar ibn Alee and Uthman ibn Alee.

    Subhan Allaah, glorified me Allaah. We name our children with the names that are dearest to us and see the love of Alee for the best and closest companions of the Messenger of Allaah.

    Alee once said, "I have never seen the Messenger of Allaah say something without adding, I, Abu Bakr and Umar went to such and such place and I, Abu Back and Umar did such and such." Even to agree on the Shia’s thinking that these blessed people disbelieved or did anything against the teaching of the Messenger of Allaah is by itself an act of disbelief.

    Just DO NOT be a companion basher. Teach them true companionship as from the stories of ABU BAKR..

    ReplyDelete