Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My sweet girl.

Two nights ago my four year old walked into our bedroom around 1am, luckily I was still awake and didn't get completely startled. Sometimes when she has to go to the potty she'll creep in real quiet, come to my side of the bed and just stand there and stare at me. Now for some reason that ALWAYS wakes me up. It totally freaks me out having someone stare at me like that. I don't know why she does it, maybe she's too tired to talk or something.

Anyhow I digress; she came in very sad but was trying not to cry because she didn't want to wake up everybody. (She's so sweet like that.) I knew that she must have had a nightmare and pulled her into bed with me and held her close for a while. She felt better and then whispered that she had a nightmare so we just talked about it and she felt much better and was ready to go back to bed. I took her back to tuck her in and give her a hug and a kiss. She has got to be the absolute sweetest thing on earth. When I was about to leave she said to me and I quote, "mama thank you for taking care of me. You always make me feel better. I'm going to make a dua to Allah to thank him for giving me such a nice mama.” I could barely hold back my tears. She does this to me a lot. She will say these absolutely sweet and amazing things to me all the time.

She has got such a caring side to her. Whenever someone is sick, she will always try and take care of them somehow or help in any way she can. If people are sleeping she tries not to disturb them, and she always tries never to hurt anyone’s feelings.

My favorite part of everyday is when she hugs me in the morning and says “Assalam alaykum mama.”

Meanwhile, my two year old is her polar opposite. :)

4 comments:

  1. May Allah swt bless her and may He grant her to keep this good characteristics as she grows up, insha'allah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al-Hamdu li-laah my girls say and write things like this too (almost word-for-word the same) that totally blow me away. I think there is something about being gifted that tends to go hand-in-hand with high sensitivity and spiritual awareness. I've been meaning to blog about it at some point but from my own experience I can describe it as having some kind of magnifying glass in your head, all experiences, feelings, everything are intensified. It also means that anything painful is intensified as well which means as parents we have to be extra careful about our reactions and what we let our kids get exposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about that, she is extra sensitive about every little thing and we have to be so careful about what we say and even how we word it.

    ReplyDelete