Friday, December 09, 2005

My intro

Now that I've written how I started on this journey, I figure I should introduce myself and family. I'm Anila, muslim mother of two daughters in Orlando. My oldest is 4.5 years old and my youngest is 2.5 years old. I was born in Pakistan, grew up in Canada and now I reside in the States with my husband and family. Homeschooling is something my husband and I both agree on and so far we feel we have definitely made the right decision. My plan is to homeschool both my daughters for as long as I can, Inshallah (if God is willing).

So far I have been homeschooling for a little over 6 months and I have already seen a change in my eldest. She is so much more confident now and even more social. Last year when she was in preschool, she was quite antisocial and had a tough time relating to other children. Now she introduces herself to every child we see anywhere. She does go to islamic school one day of the week on sundays. She absolutely loves her teacher there and her best friend is in her class. It's amazing to see how much she has changed in just this past year.

My youngest is also starting to learn. She knows her colors and her shapes and is quite talkative for a 2 year old. It's very sweet to watch them play together, especially now that she has started communicating more. I know she loves being able to spend the whole day with her mother and sister playing and reading and just hanging out.

I pray Allah(swt) gives me the patience and motivation to continue on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment